It has been two minutes past eight for some years…
The Kizuna bridge, in Kampong Cham province, plays a significant part in opening up road travel in Cambodia.
- The Kizuna bridge was funded by the Japanese at a cost of 56 million dollars.
- It took 3 years to build.
- The bridge is 1,500 metres long and 12 metres wide.
- Kizuna means ‘tie.’
- It has a clearance of 15 metres at high tide.
- It was the first bridge ever built over Cambodia’s Mekong.
- 2 people died in its construction.
- The Kizuna bridge was opened by Prime Minister, Hun Sen, in 2001.